President Donald Trump met with his national security team on Monday to discuss next steps in the U.S.-Iran conflict after negotiations deadlocked over the weekend. Trump rejected Iran’s response to a U.S. draft proposal for ending the war, calling it "totally unacceptable" and stating that the ceasefire is on "massive life support" . He accused Iran of backtracking on a prior agreement to relinquish its enriched uranium stockpile, claiming the Iranian leadership is divided between "moderates and lunatics" .
U.S. officials indicated Trump is leaning toward military action to pressure Tehran into concessions on its nuclear program. Options under consideration include restarting *Project Freedom*, a suspended U.S. naval escort operation in the Strait of Hormuz, or resuming airstrikes against 25 remaining Iranian military targets . Israel has also pushed for a special forces mission to secure Iran’s enriched uranium, though Trump reportedly views the plan as too risky .
Trump’s rejection of Iran’s proposal has heightened tensions, with oil prices surging as markets react to the potential collapse of the ceasefire . U.S. officials do not expect Trump to authorize military action before his scheduled return from China later this week, though he is expected to discuss the conflict with Chinese President Xi Jinping . China has previously urged Iran to reach a deal with the U.S., though efforts have so far failed .

🇺🇸🇮🇷⚡️ — President Trump is meeting with his national security team today to discuss next steps in the Iran war, including possible renewed military action, after negotiations with Iran deadlocked Sunday, according to Axios. ➡️ Options include restarting Project Freedom, the suspended U.S. naval escort operation in the Strait of Hormuz, or resuming airstrikes against the remaining 25 of Iranian targets identified by the U.S. military. ➡️ Israel is also pushing for a special forces mission to secure Irans enriched uranium stockpile, though Trump is said to view the idea as highly risky. Two U.S. officials said Trump is leaning toward action to increase pressure on Tehran. He will tune them up a bit, one official said, while another added: I think we all know where this is going. Officials added that they dont think Trump would order military action against Iran before he returns from China.
telegram bot · 6 days ago

Trump weighs military action against Iran with ceasefire on life support President Trump is meeting with his national security team Monday to discuss the way forward in the Iran war, including possibly resuming military action, after negotiations with the country deadlocked on Sunday, three U.S. officials said. Why it matters: U.S. officials say Trump wants a deal to end the war, but Irans rejection of many of his demands and refusal to make meaningful concessions on its nuclear program puts the military option back on the table. Trump publicly threatened several times in recent days to bomb infrastructure facilities in Iran if diplomacy failed. Driving the news: The U.S. waited 10 days for Irans response to its draft proposal for ending the war. The White House was optimistic that Irans positions would show further progress toward a deal. But the Iranian response that arrived on Sunday was not positive. Irans state TV reported that Tehran has rejected the U.S. proposal, which it said meant Irans surrender to Trumps excessive demands.Trump rejected Irans response on Sunday. I dont like it. It is inappropriate, he told Axios. Behind the scenes: Vice President Vance, White House envoy Steve Witkoff, Secretary of State Rubio, Secretary of Defense Hegseth, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Dan Caine, CIA director John Ratcliffe and other senior officials are expected to participate in the Iran meeting on Monday, U.S. officials say. What hes saying: I have a plan. Iran cant have a nuclear weapon, Trump told reporters in the Oval Office Monday before the meeting. The ceasefire with Iran is on massive life support, Trump added. Trump said Iran had agreed to relinquish its stockpile of enriched uranium to the U.S. But he said the Iranians apparently reversed course because their response Sunday omitted any mention of the issue. Trump said the Iranian leadership is divided between moderates and lunatics.State of play: Two U.S. officials said Trump is leaning toward taking some form of military action against Iran to increase pressure on the regime and force concessions on its nuclear program. He will tune them up a bit, one U.S. official said.I think we all know where this is going, a second U.S. official said. What to watch: One option Trump is considering is resuming Project Freedom, the U.S. operation to guide ships through the Strait of Hormuz, which was suspended last week. Another option is to resume the bombing campaign and strike the 25 of targets the U.S. military identified but hasnt hit yet. The Israeli government wants Trump to order a special forces operation to secure Irans enriched uranium stockpile. Israeli officials say Trump is hesitant to order such an operation because it is highly risky. The big picture: One consideration for Trump as he weighs next steps in the war is his trip to China this week. The president is expected to leave Wednesday and return Friday. Two U.S. officials said they dont think Trump would order military action against Iran before he returns from China. U.S. officials say Trump is expected to discuss the Iran war with Chinese President Xi Jinping. China has been urging Iran to reach a deal with the U.S. on ending the war and curbing its nuclear program, so far with no success.
axios · 6 days ago

Trump says US-Iran ceasefire is on massive life support I have just read the response from Irans so-called Representatives. I dont like it – TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! Trump posted to his Truth Social platform earlier.
thejournal · 6 days ago

Netanyahus shock plot to split with US as Trumps Iran peace proposal unravels sending oil prices soaring Benjamin Netanyahu is moving to wean Israel off American financial support, just as Donald Trumps Iran peace proposal unravels and oil prices surge.
dailymail · 6 days ago

Iran-US war latest: Trump says ceasefire on massive life support after Tehran hit back at presidents outburst A ceasefire was set up for peace talks between Iran and the US - but with Trump rejecting Irans response on Sunday there are fears fighting could resume
independent · 6 days ago

Trump says Iran ceasefire is on life support US president rejects Iranian proposal for temporary peace deal ahead of trip to China
financial times · 6 days ago

Trump says Irans response to peace proposal unacceptable Oil prices climb again as Washington and Tehran fail to agree terms to end war and reopen Strait of Hormuz
financial times · 6 days ago

Trump says ceasefire on life support, slams Iran response to US proposal Efforts between Washington and Tehran to reach an agreement continue to fall short, fuelling concerns of return to war.
aljazeera · 6 days ago

Trump says ceasefire is on life support after rejecting Irans proposal US President Donald Trump said the ceasefire with Iran was on life support after rejecting Tehrans latest proposal.
aljazeera · 6 days ago

Brent oil tops $104 after Trump says ceasefire with Iran is on life support Oil prices jumped on Monday after Israel warned that the conflict with Iran was still ongoing.
cnbc · 6 days ago

Middle East crisis live: Trump says ceasefire is on massive life support after rejecting Irans response to US peace proposal US president said Irans response to the US peace proposal was stupid and that the ceasefire is unbelievable weakTrump calls Irans response to peace plan totally unacceptable as ceasefire fraysTurkeys foreign minister, Hakan Fidan, will visit Qatar later today for talks on the war, its impact on the region and efforts to ensure navigational safety in the strait of Hormuz is resumed, a Turkish diplomatic source told the Reuters news agency.Turkey, which neighbours Iran, has been in close contact with the US, Iran and mediator Pakistan since the start of the conflict. It condemnded the US and Israel for launching the war, widely seen to have been done illegally, but also criticised Irans counter strikes on Gulf states. Continue reading...
theguardian · 6 days ago

Ceasefire with Iran on life support, Trump says The presidents comments come after Trump publicly rejected an offer from Iranian leadership.
politico.eu · 6 days ago

Israel-Iran war live: Donald Trump calls on Israel to calm down as he says both Israel and Iran violated ceasefire US president says he is really unhappy with Israel after it unloaded right after agreeing to ceasefire deal as he speaks ahead of Nato summitLiving in Iran: how have you been affected?Living in Israel: how have you been affected?As dawn broke in Israel and Iran, confusion reigned as to whether the two countries were still at war. Israelis, who fell asleep to the news that a ceasefire had been agreed to, woke up to four consecutive missile warnings, heading back and forth to the shelters as a missile hit a residential building in Beer Sheva, killing three, according to the Israel fire and rescue centre. Iran experienced some of its most intense Israeli bombings yet overnight, with one social media users in Tehran writing the bombardment tonight in Tehran was extremely intense. For a full hour the explosions wouldnt stop. We are a completely defenseless people.It was unclear whether the attacks were simply growing pains of a ceasefire, or if hostilities were to continue. US President Donald Trump had announced the ceasefire a little after midnight on Tuesday, but neither Israeli nor Iranian officials have said they agreed to it. Continue reading...
theguardian · 11 months ago

Fragile Israel – Iran truce brokered by Trump comes into effect but Israel claims Iran violated ceasefire Hours after US President Donald Trump said his ceasefire had taken effect, Israel said it intercepted two Iranian missiles, with Defence Minister Israel Katz vowing that the military would respond forcefully. Israel had stated on Tuesday it agreed to Trumps declaration of a ceasefire with Iran, adding that it had achieved all its objectives in the 12-day war with its arch-enemy. According to AFP, Iran denied launching missiles at Israel after the ceasefire announcement, and said it had compelled Israel to unilaterally halt its aggression, while stopping short of officially accepting the ceasefire plan.
commonspace · 11 months ago

Trump ceasefire plan falters as Israel says Iran launched more missiles Israel and Iran on Tuesday accepted a ceasefire plan proposed by President Donald Trump to end their 12-day war after Tehran launched a limited, retaliatory missile attack on a U.S. military base in Qatar. However, Israels military said it had detected another Iranian barrage hours after the start of the ceasefire, showing how dangerous the situation remained. Sirens sounded in northern Israel and explosions could be heard as Israeli air defenses fired.
france24 · 11 months ago

Israel-Iran live: Netanyahu says Israel has agreed to ceasefire after Trump declares total halt to 12-day war Four killed in southern Israel after Iran fires barrages of missiles following Donald Trumps claim that a ceasefire has been agreed
independent · 11 months ago

Israel-Iran live: Trump says ceasefire now in effect after declaring complete and total halt to 12-day war Four killed in southern Israel after Iran fires barrages of missiles following Donald Trumps claim that a ceasefire has been agreed
independent · 11 months ago

Israel-Iran war live: Trump claims ceasefire now in effect after Iranian missiles kill four US President Donald Trump announced Tuesday that Israel and Iran had agreed to a complete and total ceasefire, shortly after Iran launched a limited missile attack Monday on a US military base in Qatar, retaliating for the American bombing of its nuclear sites. However, the status of a possible ceasefire remained tentative after deadly Iranian missile barrage struck Israel after a first deadline for the proposal. Follow our liveblog for the latest developments.
france24 · 11 months ago

Trump announces Israel and Iran ceasefire is in effect as four killed in Israel Both Iranians and Israelis reported bombing overnight and into the morning despite US President Donald Trump announcing he brokered a ceasefire deal to take effect on Tuesday morning.
euronews · 11 months ago

Israel-Iran live: Iran says ceasefire has begun after Trump announces complete and total halt to 12-day war Four killed in southern Israel after Iran fires barrages of missiles following Donald Trumps claim that a ceasefire has been agreed
independent · 11 months ago

Live: Trump claims ceasefire in Iran-Israel war, Tehran says will end fighting if attacks stop US President Donald Trump said that Israel and Iran had agreed to a complete and total ceasefire soon after Iran launched a limited missile attack Monday on a US military base in Qatar, retaliating for the American bombing of its nuclear sites. Iran said it will halt its attacks as long as Israel also ceases fire by Tuesday morning. Follow our liveblog for the latest developments.
france24 · 11 months ago

Israel-Iran live: Trump declares total ceasefire in 12-day war; Iran vows to stop attacks if Israel does Iran and Israel have not commented yet on Donald Trumps claim that a ceasefire has been agreed
independent · 11 months ago

Iran fires MORE missiles at Israel despite promise to stop as ceasefire deadline looms: Live updates LIVE UPDATES: President Trump announced that Iran and Israel agreed to a ceasefire deal that is set to start in six hours.
dailymail · 11 months ago

Trump warns military action against Iran absolutely possible if necessary US President Donald Trump on Wednesday repeated his threat to use military force if Iran did not agree to end its nuclear program, saying Israel would play a key role. Trump said Iran could not be allowed to have a nuclear weapon.
france24 · about 1 year ago

Trump Repeats Military Threat Against Iran Ahead Of Nuclear Talks US President Donald Trump has again threated to use military force if Iran does not agree to end its nuclear program and said Israel would be the leader of a potential military strike.
radio free europe · about 1 year ago

Israel says seizing large areas of Gaza as strike kills 23 | Nation Israel said Wednesday its troops were seizing large areas in Gaza and making the Palestinian territory smaller and…
europesays.com · about 1 year ago

Israel would be leader of strike if Iran doesnt give up nuclear weapons program, Trump warns WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Wednesday that Israel would be the leader of a potential military…
europesays.com · about 1 year ago

Israel would be leader of Iran strike WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Wednesday that Israel would be the leader of a potential military strike…
europesays.com · about 1 year ago

Israeli military seizing large areas of Gaza as 23 Palestinians killed by Israeli strikes Israeli defence minister Israel Katz confirmed that the military is seeking to make Palestinians more isolated.
thejournal · about 1 year ago

Hamas calls on UK government to remove it from list of banned terrorist groups The Palestinian Islamist organisation, which launched deadly 7 October attacks on Israel, says it is a resistance movement and no threat to BritainThe Palestinian Islamist group Hamas has submitted a legal filing saying it should be removed from the UK governments list of proscribed terrorist groups.Hamas, which carried out the 7 October 2023 attacks on southern Israel, in which more than 1,200 people, mainly civilians, were killed and a further 250 taken hostage, is arguing that it is not a terrorist group but a Palestinian Islamic liberation and resistance movement whose goal is to liberate Palestine and confront the Zionist project. Continue reading...
theguardian · about 1 year ago