Israel conducted an airstrike in Gaza on Friday, 15.05.2026, killing Ezzedine al-Haddad (also referred to as Izz al-Din al-Haddad), the head of Hamas’ military wing, the Qassam Brigades. Al-Haddad was described as a key architect of the October 7 attacks and had taken over leadership of the group’s armed wing after the deaths of the Sinwar brothers. The strike also killed his wife and daughter, along with at least four other individuals .
Hamas confirmed al-Haddad’s death, acknowledging that he was targeted in an Israeli operation that resulted in the deaths of seven people in total. Israeli officials framed the assassination as a significant blow to Hamas, emphasizing al-Haddad’s role in rebuilding the group’s military capabilities following previous leadership losses . The strike has intensified pressure on the fragile ceasefire in the region .

Abu-Bilal al-Minuki: ISILs shadow commander in West Africa Nigeria and the US say key ISIL leader was killed in joint military operation in Borno state.
aljazeera · 1 day ago

Hamas confirms killing of Qassam Brigades leader in Israeli attack Israel targeted Izz al-Din al-Haddad, the head of Hamass armed wing in Gaza, in an attack that killed seven others.
aljazeera · 1 day ago

Israel says Hamas armed wing chief killed in Gaza strike Israel said Saturday it had killed Hamas armed wing chief Ezzedine Al-Haddad in an airstrike in Gaza the previous day, describing him as a key architect of the October 7 attacks. 👉 Read more:
telegram bot · 1 day ago

Leader of Hamass armed wing killed in strike on Gaza, says Israel The Israeli military said on Saturday that it had killed the head of Hamass military wing Ezzedine Al-Haddad during an air strike carried out the previous day in Gaza. Haddads wife and daughter were also killed in the attack, according to a Hamas source. 👉 Read more:
telegram bot · 1 day ago
Hamas military chief killed in Gaza by Israeli strike
news.yahoo.com · 1 day ago
Israel Kills Hamass Ghost After Years of Failed Attempts Ezzedin al-Haddad took over as Gaza military chief after the Sinwar brothers were killed and had been working to rebuild the group.
wsj · 1 day ago
U.S., Nigerian Forces Kill Top Islamic State Leader Officials said a joint operation in the West African country killed the groups alleged second in command.
wsj · 1 day ago

Trump says Islamic State group leader was killed in a joint US-Nigerian mission Andrew Hilliar has more.
france24 · 1 day ago

US and Nigeria claim killing of Islamic State second-in-command A senior Islamic State group leader, described as the most active terrorist in the world, has been killed in a joint operation by US and Nigerian forces in the west African country, the two countries presidents said.
france24 · 1 day ago
A senior militant leader has been killed in a joint US-Nigerian operation. Heres what to know President Donald Trump says a joint U.S. and Nigerian operation has killed a top Islamic State leader in Nigeria
independent · 1 day ago

U.S. and Nigerian mission kills Islamic State group leader, Trump says WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. and Nigerian forces killed a leader of the Islamic State group in Nigeria in…
europesays.com · 1 day ago

Israel kills last Hamas chief who oversaw October 7 attack Death of Izz al-Din al-Haddad in an air strike piles greater pressure on fragile ceasefire
financial times · 1 day ago

Funeral held in Doha after deadly Israeli attack Mourners gathered in Qatars capital Doha to pray for six victims of Israels attack, including a 22-year-old policeman.
aljazeera · 8 months ago

Israel strikes Qatar, but the true scandal is that the world is powerless: Lebanese PM In an exclusive interview with FRANCE 24 in Beirut, Lebanese Prime Minister Nawaf Salam condemned Tuesdays Israeli strikes on Qatar, saying the true scandal is that the world is powerless. He also confirmed that the Lebanese army has three months to ensure the states exclusive control of weapons south of the Litani River as part of Hezbollahs disarmament. Finally, he said that Lebanon was on the right track towards opening a new chapter with Syria.
france24 · 8 months ago

Israel has replaced Iran as the biggest security threat to the Gulf states | Sanam Vakil As the US waits on the sidelines, Israels actions – as evidenced by the attack on Doha – are becoming increasingly audaciousSanam Vakil is director of Chatham Houses Middle East and North Africa programmeIsraels assassination of Hamas negotiators in Doha this week has crossed a line that even its closest Arab partners cannot ignore. Israel has long justified pre-emptive and extraterritorial strikes as necessary for its security. Over the course of two years, in response to the 7 October attacks by Hamas, it has struck at six countries in the region (including Palestine), seeking to eradicate all threats to its security. But hitting the capital of Qatar, a wealthy Gulf monarchy, a security partner and non-Nato ally of the US, and the site of painstaking negotiations between Israel and Hamas at the behest of Washington, is not simply another targeted killing. It represents a fundamental shift where Arab states no longer see Iran as the only principal destabiliser of the region. Today, they see Israel as destabilising too.This is not the first time Israel has struck while negotiations and diplomatic efforts have been under way. Over those two years, high-profile assassinations and strikes have been carried out in Lebanon against Hezbollah, in Syria, increasing tensions with the newly formed al-Sharaa government, in Yemen, targeting the Houthis, and against Iran, over the 12-day June war when Tehran was negotiating with Washington. The strikes have often been timed to derail talks or demonstrate Israels refusal to separate diplomacy from coercion. The Doha strike fits that pattern, but its symbolism will have long-term effects.Sanam Vakil is director of Chatham Houses Middle East and North Africa programme Continue reading...
theguardian · 8 months ago

Qatar PM slams Netanyahu as Gulf countries rally in support Qatars prime minister called Israels strike on Doha state terror in an interview with CNN.
aljazeera · 8 months ago

Video: Israeli right-wing channel host celebrates attack on Hamas in Qatar A host on Israels right-wing Channel 14 celebrated the Israeli attack on Hamas leaders meeting in Doha, Qatar.
aljazeera · 8 months ago
Qatar, Arab nations to hold emergency summit in Doha over Israeli attack
news.yahoo.com · 8 months ago

Qatar PM accuses Netanyahu of sabotaging Gaza hostage talks after Doha strike Qatars prime minister said Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu killed any hope of releasing hostages still held in the Gaza Strip after Israel attacked Hamas leaders in Doha. The comments from Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani, ahead of appearing at the United Nations on Thursday, underscored the wider anger among Gulf Arab countries over Israels strike that killed at least six people.
france24 · 8 months ago

Qatar to hold emergency summit with Arab countries after Israeli strike on Doha: Latest Donald Trump has reportedly held a heated phone call with Benjamin Netanyahu over Tuesdays strike that killed six
independent · 8 months ago

Qatar to hold funerals for people killed in Israeli strike Doha (Brussels Morning Newspaper) – Qatar plans to hold funerals in the capital Doha on Thursday for those killed in an unusual Israeli strike that targeted Hamas leaders in the Gulf country earlier this week. The Ministry of Interior announces … Read more Continue reading Qatar to hold funerals for people killed in Israeli strike at The Brussels Morning Newspaper.
brussels morning · 8 months ago

Trump demanded Netanyahu commit not to strike Qatar again President Trump demanded a commitment from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu not to strike Qatar again after the attack against Hamas leaders in Doha, two sources with knowledge of the issue tell Axios.Why it matters: Netanyahu didnt consult Trump or any of his top advisers until missiles were in the air. The strike infuriated the White House and alarmed leaders in the region and around the world. The attack was damaging not just for Israels global standing, but potentially for Americas.Qatars prime minister told the White House his country would now reevaluate its security partnership with Washington after this act of betrayal, and said in a CNN interview that leaders across the Gulf were discussing how to respond. But Netanyahu is publicly unapologetic, even suggesting he might order another attack, regardless of Trumps demand.What theyre saying: Trumps advisers were genuinely shocked by the strike in Qatar, a close U.S. ally and now the seventh country Israel has bombed since Oct. 7, 2023.Im not thrilled about the whole situation. I was very unhappy about every aspect, Trump told reporters on Tuesday night. One source close to Trump told Axios that the way Netanyahu and his confidant Ron Dermer handled the issue was an unpleasant reminder of the behavior that led to friction with Trump in his first term. Behind the scenes: Trump held two phone calls with Netanyahu on Tuesday to discuss the strike in Qatar, U.S. officials said.During their first call, Trump expressed disappointment with the Israeli decision and puzzlement over what it was supposed to achieve long term.Its unacceptable. I demand that you do not repeat it, Trump told Netanyahu, according to two sources with knowledge. Trump then updated the Qatari emir and prime minister, both of whom were furious. One former U.S. official said Prime Minister Mohammed bin Abdul Rahman al-Thani told U.S. officials that he views what happened as a betrayal by Israel and by the U.S.Al-Thani told White House envoy Steve Witkoff that after being attacked by both Iran and then Israel within six months, Qatar will conduct a deep evaluation of its security partnership with the U.S. and maybe find some other partners who can support its security if needed, a source with direct knowledge said. The White House didnt respond to a request for comment. What he is saying: In a video he released on Wednesday, Netanyahu pushed back and hinted he will not hesitate to order a second strike on Qatar if Hamas leaders stay in the country. I say to Qatar and all nations who harbor terrorists, you either expel them or you bring them to justice. Because if you dont, we will, he said.Netanyahu claimed that the Israeli attack on Hamas in Qatar is similar to the U.S. pursuit of al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan after 9/11. What did America do in the wake of September 11th? It promised to hunt down the terrorists who committed this heinous crime, wherever they may be. Yesterday, we acted along those lines, Netanyahu said.Flashback: Despite those statements, Netanyahu asked Qatar to lead the mediation efforts with Hamas after the Oct. 7 attacks, and previously facilitated payments from Qatar to Hamas for years.The other side: Prime Minister al-Thani told CNN that Netanyahu must be brought to justice for breaking international law by attacking Qatar in what he called an act of state terror.He said Qatar is discussing a response with partners in the region. The entire Gulf region is at risk.Leaders in Europe and across much of the world have also condemned the Israeli strike.Hamas claims the Israeli attack was a failure because its top leaders survived. Its not yet fully clear which members were and were not killed.
axios · 8 months ago

Israel killed any hope for hostages with attack on Doha, says Qatar prime minister: Latest Donald Trump has reportedly held a heated phone call with Benjamin Netanyahu over Tuesdays strike that killed six
independent · 8 months ago